Tuesday, May 20, 2008

OF punctured tires, skinned knees and jagerbombs

It's been a week and more since i've updated! I'm as slow as molasses, i know! Apologies to my legions of readers (a lass can hope!) for the delay. I am back! Not quite unlike a lysogen :D Fellow science dorks, clap your hands and say aye!

I shall start of my blog with the more pleasant of events.. Clubbing on the eve of Vesak day! It started with N and I heading down to Brahaus at United Square for a couple of beers. They have an interestingly varied selection of beers over there and the ambience is perfect for a chill-out session. Brewerkz, i find, can get grating on the nerves, no thanks to loud, drunk middle-aged ang mohs and the equally loud but not-quite middle-aged youth clientele. I had the Floris Chocolate - a chocolate flavoured beer. I quite thought it tasted like cough syrup but N swore that she could taste a hint of chocolate. I'd reserve judgement for now, i reckon. Viggalo joined us an hour later and after a round of beers - Kilkenny for me! - we were coaxed into joining his group of friends at Attica for clubbing. Not much coaxing needed at my end since i was pretty much raring to have fun but i might have had a hand in persuading N. :D

We headed down to Attica. Entry was free because Viggalo's friend A, is friends with the someone in the management team. It's brilliant having contacts yeah? Soon, other friends K and Nesh joined us together with a couple of other girls. I won't bother going into the details of the night. Suffice to say, there was alot of alcohol, alot of dancing and i'd be speaking on behalf of everyone when i say we had heaps of fun! Oh! And i had a jagerbomb! Awesome stuff really. I was bouncing of the walls all night long! To the uninitiated - jagerbomb consists of a shot of jagermeister ( which is naturally in a shot glass) dunked into a glass of redbull and the whole concotion has to be downed in one gulp.

Some pics from the night..





Check out the 2 litre Asahi TANK. Cost-35 bucks. It's in times like these when i fondly recall that a litre of beer hoi amounts to only 4 SGD.
There - now that's over and done with... let's move on shall we?
So on the Saturday before Vesak day, Jos and I had the idea to meet at ECP for a spot of cycling and dinner after that. Her little bro-of-sorts G ended up tagging along as well as His Royal Highness - let's refer to him as HRH from now on yeah? Only 'cos i'm so buggering lazy. We really should have called it quits when Jos snapped her havianas a few minutes into cycling. We should have seen it as the omen it was. But nooo...we had to soldier on! We braved the crowded lanes, parked our bikes while Jos got herself a new pair of slippers and resumed our cycling trip.

To be quite fair, it was pretty non-eventful for a while after that. G and I were ahead of Jos and HRM and i'd dare say there was abit of friendly competition there. Keep in mind that G's a 13-year old boy.

But i digress. We eventually reached changi point and cycled on furthur till we were opposite T1. Took some lovely shots and all. It was during our return trip that everything went downhill. There was a mini accident where Jos crashed into G and the next thing we knew, the air from the front tire of the bike Jos was riding was slowly escaping out. HRM thought it was hilarious - that sod- and couldn't reel in those giggles. Well, looking back it was funny and i can laugh about it now..but it sure wasn't then. I had this sinking feeling that Jos and I were going to be stuck at ECP for a long bloody while. And there was no way in hell i was going to leave her alone there to fend for herself. The buggers at the bicycle rental shop were unhelpful. Seriously unhelpful. How the fuck were we supposed to bring the bikes back? Changi point is a good distance from ECP. But nooo.. in typical Singaporean fashion, the bastard bloke refused to entertain our call and slammed the receiver down on me. I was fuming. How prick-ish!

So, HRM took G back to ECP first on their (functional) bikes, whilst Jos and I padded back slowly.. Well, she padded..i was trying some weird slow-swerving-shit on my bike. It constantly amazes me how i'm unable to cycle at a moderately decent speed. It's either fast or BRAKE!!! So, we went on in a not quite merry fashion. Blokes of different ethnicities rode past us and flashed us looks of varying emotions. If they weren't looking at us with sympathy, they were smirking at us - probably thinking we were losers, those bastards!

Help finally came - in the form of a shirtless skater - Roy accompanied by his merry fellowship of cyclists. There was even a token female. To Jos and I, God hath just pulled up in his chariot and offered us each a boon. Jokes aside, i was totally taken aback when the guys (and token female) offered to help us. Firstly, Singaporeans are not known for being good samaritans. We need signs to tell us to give up our seats to pregnant women. And even then, a good portion of the population don't. So I was alternately impressed and amazed at this group of guys who came from nowhere, hauled up the useless bike, skated all the frikking way to the Yacht Club and waited with us to get a cab. Speechless. Amazed. Impressed. What do you know? There's hope left for Singaporeans afterall.

Big thanks to Roy and Co. It's people like you guys that give Singaporeans a good name. More of y'all...and what do you know.. We may just lose our reputation of being an unfeeling nation. Good on you guys!
Some pictures from the cycling stint.. even in face of minor tragedies, we never failed to stop for a few moments and camwhore. Being self-centered is an art we have mastered in its entirety!

T1
Random shot of G
Not quite random shot of me!
HRM thought it'd be funny to take a vid of me acting like a complete berk and put it up on flickr.. thus my revenge! A zoom-in shot!


.... Not much of a revenge though is it? I must really work on my vengeance. It's appalling how nice i am even when i'm trying to be all vengeful and snarky.

I've come to a conclusion from viewing my own pics. I think i prefer me without makeup. I tend to deviate into the realm of slutty with makeup on methinks. *ponders*
In other news, The Wittle Bestiekins (TWB for all future references :P) is back from Chennai! She tailored a punjabi suit for me there and i've got to say...it's so bloody pretty! I shall put up a pic of it soon..it's too pretty not to flaunt!
Anyway, that's all i have for now. My fingers ache from all the typing so i'm off for awhile.
I'll be back...when i'm back?




3 comments:

Unknown said...

you're going to hell for this missy.

- the wittle bestikins

Anonymous said...

Haha.. Now that's one helluva long weekend you had.
And yes yes.. I have been reading your blog. ;)
Good job babe!
Cya arnd!

deus_ex_machina said...

uma : BWAHAHAHA! i was thinking of a hopelessly cheesy nickname for you...this seems to work!

kanz: thanks for dropping by dear! *hugs*